Our hormones are constantly responding to everything we do. That includes what we eat or drink as well as our thoughts and emotions.
This is why hormones like oxytocin are released when we cry. It’s also why cortisol is released when we simply think about something stressful or traumatic.
Given how strongly the mind and body are connected, you might find it helpful to use affirmations for hormonal balance.
Below are a few to help you get started.
POSITIVE AFFIRMATIONS FOR HORMONE BALANCE
1. I give myself permission to rest.
2. I choose to eat foods that support my body.
3. Balance and harmony are my body’s innate state of being.
4. I joyfully take responsibility for the things I can control and gracefully let go of what I can’t control.
5. Change is a natural part of life. I embrace what is here, knowing that it will soon change.
6. My body is like a garden and I choose to tend to it with love, kindness and grace.
7. I make food choices that are loving and kind to me.
8. I take joy and satisfaction in preparing nourishing meals for myself.
9. I deserve my own love, care and compassion.
10. I observe my symptoms with compassion, kindness and understanding.
11. I pamper myself with kind thoughts, nourishing foods/drinks and plenty of rest.
12. The energy that creates life flows through me and brings balance to my body.
13. My body is resilient and adaptable. It is always doing the very best it can at any given moment.
14. It is safe for me to live a life that aligns with the true needs of mind, body and soul.
15. My cells can sense every thought. I choose kind and loving thoughts as often as possible.
16. I choose to make peace with all the energies inside me, including the dark and painful ones.
17. I make time to quiet my mind and reconnect with my higher self.
18. It is safe for me to dream big. After all, dreaming is 100% free!
19. I trust my body unconditionally.
20. I love my body unconditionally.
21. I respect my body unconditionally.
23. I do my best in every moment and forgive myself when mistakes happen.
24. It is an honor and privilege for me to move and exercise every day.
25. I welcome health, joy and bliss into my life.
26. I honor my needs, wants and desires.
27. My health journey is unique to me. I choose to honor and respect that journey every step of the way.
28. I am so much more than any diagnosis or label.
29. I surrender the need to control everything.
30. I give up the struggle and allow the universe to guide me.
31. I can allow miracles to be a normal part of my life.
32. No one can care for me or love me in the way that I can.
33. It is possible to have fun while my body heals.
35. My body knows exactly how to find its natural harmony. All I have to do is create an environment that allows it to do so.
36. I choose to be patient with my body and give it all the time it needs to heal.
37. My body is the vessel through which I get to experience life. I treat my body with the utmost care.
38. Each moment gives me the opportunity to make a new choice about what I eat, drink or think. I choose to be more present and aware of each moment.
39. Every positive choice I make now changes the future for the better.
40. Thriving health is my birthright.
41. I start and end each day with gratitude and appreciation.
42. Even in the darkest of times, my higher self is always present. I choose to acknowledge her more often.
43. Feelings are as natural as sunshine and rain. I allow all my feelings to be without judgment.
45. As my relationship with my mind, body and soul improves, so do my relationships with loved ones.
WHAT IS GOOD TO TAKE FOR HORMONAL BALANCE?
As simplistic as it sounds, balancing your hormones starts with your food choices. More specifically, you want to focus on nutrient-dense and anti-inflammatory foods.
In addition, you also want to pay attention to your macronutrient balance.
Now, all of this outlined in this hormone balance diet plan. Please use that guide to dive into each food category (cooking oils, proteins, flours and more) and learn what to look for when shopping.
Once your diet is on point, you can add herbs and supplements. These will help you cover nutritional gaps that could be contributing to hormonal imbalance.
For a list of products that can help you, please see this guide on supplements for female hormonal imbalance.
FAQs ABOUT AFFIRMATIONS FOR HORMONAL IMBALANCE
Is meditation good for hormonal imbalance?
Meditation can help with hormonal imbalance because it’s been shown to reduce elevated stress and cortisol levels. Since high cortisol can negatively impact blood sugar, estrogen and progesterone, using meditation as a cortisol-reducing tool can be beneficial for hormones.
The mind-body connection isn’t just a concept or philosophy.
It’s very real and ignoring it can sometimes slow down our ability to experience true health and wellness.
I hope you find some inspiration from the affirmations above.
Hey, if you’re curious about the best supplements overall for women’s hormones, here are my top picks (my in-depth review of these supplements can be found here):
- Green Juice: this is a multipurpose powder that can help with weight loss, stress and cortisol balance, fatigue, detoxing and more. It contains amazing ingredients like matcha, turmeric, ashwagandha, beets and much more.
- Moon Balance: this powder combines some of the best herbs for menstrual support, such as hibiscus, maca and shatavari. If your cycle is off balance and you struggle with things like PMS, period pain and other menstrual imbalances, this is one to check out.
- Formula 4|5: formulated specifically for women in perimenopause, these herbal capsules include vitex, milk thistle and EstroG-100 (a trademarked blend of 3 herbs that has been shown to improve menopause symptoms).
- Women’s Balance: this supplement combines “classic” female herbs (like red clover and vitex) with herbs to support the nervous system (hello stress!) and detox-friendly herbs (like dandelion). These herbs have traditionally been used to support female health at all stages of life.