Our hormones are constantly responding to everything we do. That includes what we eat or drink as well as our thoughts and emotions.
This is why hormones like oxytocin are released when we cry. It’s also why cortisol is released when we simply think about something stressful or traumatic.
Given how strongly the mind and body are connected, you might find it helpful to use affirmations for hormonal balance.
Below are a few to help you get started.
POSITIVE AFFIRMATIONS FOR HORMONE BALANCE
1. I give myself permission to rest.
2. I choose to eat foods that support my body.
3. Balance and harmony are my body’s natural state of being.
4. I joyfully take responsibility for the things I can control and gracefully let go of what I cannot control.
5. I allow things to be exactly as they are in this moment.
6. My body is like a garden and I choose to tend to it with love, kindness and grace.
7. I make food choices that are loving and kind to me.
8. I take joy and satisfaction in preparing nourishing meals for myself.
9. I deserve my own love, care and compassion.
10. My body naturally knows how to find harmony.
11. I pamper myself with kind thoughts, nourishing foods/drinks and plenty of rest.
12. The energy that creates life flows through me and brings balance to my body.
13. My body is resilient and adaptable. It is always doing the very best it can at any given moment.
14. It is safe for me to live a life that aligns with the true needs of mind, body and soul.
15. My body is part of nature and just like everything in nature, it knows how to be in harmony.
16. I choose to make peace with all the energies inside me, including the dark and painful ones.
17. I make time to quiet my mind and reconnect with my higher self.
18. It is safe for me to dream big.
19. I trust my body unconditionally.
20. I love my body unconditionally.
21. I respect my body unconditionally.
23. I do my best in every moment and forgive myself when mistakes happen.
24. It is an honor and privilege to move my body daily.
25. I allow health, joy and bliss to flow into my life.
26. I honor my needs, wants and desires.
27. I choose to honor and respect every step of the way.
28. I am so much more than any diagnosis or label.
29. I surrender the need to control everything.
30. I give up the struggle and allow the universe to guide me.
31. I am willing to allow miracles into my experience.
32. No one can care for me or love me in the way that I can.
33. I choose to have fun while my body heals.
35. I am open to learning new ways of nurturing myself.
36. I am patient and gentle with my body.
37. My body is the vessel through which I get to experience life. I treat my body with the utmost care.
38. I choose to bring more presence and awareness to each moment.
39. Every positive choice I make now changes the future for the better.
40. Thriving health is my birthright.
41. I start and end each day with gratitude and appreciation.
42. Even in the darkest of times, my higher self is always present. I choose to acknowledge her more often.
43. I accept and acknowledge my feelings just they are, without judgment.
45. I am willing to give my body the time it needs to heal.
WHAT IS GOOD TO TAKE FOR HORMONAL BALANCE?
As simplistic as it sounds, balancing your hormones starts with your food choices. More specifically, you want to focus on nutrient-dense and anti-inflammatory foods.
In addition, you also want to pay attention to your macronutrient balance.
Now, all of this outlined in this hormone balance diet plan. Please use that guide to dive into each food category (cooking oils, proteins, flours and more) and learn what to look for when shopping.
Once your diet is on point, you can add herbs and supplements. These will help you cover nutritional gaps that could be contributing to hormonal imbalance.
For a list of products that can help you, please see this guide on supplements for female hormonal imbalance.
FAQs ABOUT AFFIRMATIONS FOR HORMONAL IMBALANCE
Is meditation good for hormonal imbalance?
Meditation can help with hormonal imbalance because it’s been shown to reduce elevated stress and cortisol levels. Since high cortisol can negatively impact blood sugar, estrogen and progesterone, using meditation as a cortisol-reducing tool can be beneficial for hormones.
The mind-body connection isn’t just a concept or philosophy.
It’s very real and ignoring it can sometimes slow down our ability to experience true health and wellness.
I hope you find some inspiration from the affirmations above.
Hey there! Curious about supplements for women’s hormones? Here are my top picks (in-depth reviews for each is available here):
- Hormone Harmony: Formulated for all around-hormone support, this supplement combines cortisol/stress lowering herbs (aka adaptogens), with herbs for nervous system support, insulin sensitivity and more. it’s no wonder it has 12,000+ (mostly glowing) reviews! Get $10 OFF with code HAPPYYOU076057.
- Live It Up (formerly Enso) Supergreens: after getting a free sample from the company, I was seriously impressed by this greens powder. I love it because it has lots of mineral-rich and nutrient-dense greens and nothing else. The minty flavor is 100% from mint, no synthetic flavors (or other additives). I also love that it has no adaptogens (which my body is not a fan of lately). Think of this as your green, multivitamin/multimineral.
- Moon Balance: this powder combines some of the best herbs for menstrual support, such as hibiscus, maca and shatavari. If your cycle is off balance and you struggle with things like PMS, period pain and other menstrual imbalances, this is one to check out.
- Maca Root Powder: in the single herb category, maca is worth paying attention to. It has traditionally been used in Peru for hormone support (in men and women). Research and anecdotal reports indicate that this root vegetable helps with libido, anxiety, hot flashes, menstrual health and more.