Hi there! I’m Germaine Satia and welcome to Live Well Zone, a haven for women over 40 who are exhausted from doing all the things (and who want to feel whole again)!
I’m a holistic Health Coach, certified yoga teacher, DIY-er (love to make my own soap), global citizen, writer, and resident geek here at Live Well Zone!
This blog is more than just a blog…it’s a dream come true.
From the time I was a child growing up in West Africa, I was always fascinated by the simplicity and beauty of herbs, food, meditation and everything we associate with “natural or healthy living.”
As the years went by I had the opportunity to live in France (where I did my yoga teacher training) and the U.S, while also visiting places like Costa Rica, Portugal, Morocco and Italy.
These experiences taught me a lot about what “healthy” looks like around the world and further reinforced my mission for helping other women enjoy all the riches that nature has to offer to us.
All of this, combined with my formal education in health coaching and natural sciences are the reason this blog exists.
This blog is your live well zone. It’s a place where you can access information on food, herbs, essential oils, self care and the foundational elements that will help support your hormones.
Thank you so much for being here and don’t hesitate to look around!
Who I Help
I work with women in perimenopause who experiencing:
- sudden weight gain.
- low energy and fatigue.
- hot flashes.
- mood swings.
- difficulty getting restorative sleep.
- menstrual cycle irregularities (such as heavy flow, cramps and PMS).
Work With Me
Visit my services page to learn more about my private coaching packages.
My Education and Training
- Graduate of the Health Coach program at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition.
- 200-hour Yoga Teacher training via Ecole de Yoga Marais.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science.
- Additional undergraduate and graduate coursework:
- Organic chemistry.
- Biology (Energy Transformation & Development).
- Introduction to Human Physiology.
- Fundamentals of Human Nutrition.
- General Psychology.
- Global Nutrition Issues.
- Introduction to Biological Chemistry.
- Research Principles and Techniques.
- Independent Study.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I get started with balancing my hormones naturally?
The best place to start is by downloading this free hormone balance diet guide. Whether you need help with food, drinks, herbs or supplements, the guide has got your covered. Plus it includes meal planning tips, a simplified grocery list and a meal planner template that you can print and use.
Once you’ve downloaded the guide, use these recipes and programs to start cultivating those healthy habits!
Lastly, my Youtube channel has dozens of videos on topics like heavy cycles, how to eat healthy on a budget, weight loss, natural menopause support and much more. Go here to find the videos that match your needs.