Hi there! I’m Germaine and welcome to Live Well Zone, a hormone balance and self care resource for women!
I’m a health coach, certified yoga teacher, DIY-er (love to make my own soap), global citizen, writer, and the resident geek here at Live Well Zone!
From the time I was a child growing up in West Africa, I was always fascinated by the simplicity and beauty of herbs, food, meditation and everything we associate with “natural or healthy living.”
As the years went by I had the opportunity to live in France (where I completed my yoga teacher training) and the U.S, while also visiting countries like Costa Rica, Portugal, Morocco and Italy.
These experiences taught me a lot about what “healthy” looks like around the world and led to the creation of this blog.
This is a place where you can access educational information on food, herbs, meditation and everything else that will support you in living a luscious and delicious life!
My Education and Training
- Graduate of the Health Coach program at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition.
- 200-hour Yoga Teacher training via Ecole de Yoga Marais.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science.
- Additional undergraduate and graduate coursework:
- Organic chemistry.
- Biology (Energy Transformation & Development).
- Introduction to Human Physiology.
- Fundamentals of Human Nutrition.
- General Psychology.
- Global Nutrition Issues.
- Introduction to Biological Chemistry.
- Research Principles and Techniques.
- Independent Study.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I get started with balancing my hormones naturally?
This Start Here page has all the resources you need to start balancing hormones.
In addition, you can use this recipe collection – packed with everything from wraps and buddha bowls, to muffins and smoothies – to start enjoying healthy and delicious meals.