Hi there! I’m Germaine and welcome to Live Well Zone, a hormone balance and healthy living resource for women in midlife!
I’m a certified health coach, yogi, DIY-er (love to make my own soap), global citizen, writer, and the resident geek here at Live Well Zone!
This blog is more than just a blog…it’s a dream come true.
From the time I was a child growing up in West Africa, I was always fascinated by the simplicity and beauty of herbs, food, meditation and everything we associate with “natural or healthy living.”
As the years went by I had the opportunity to live in France (where I did my yoga teacher training) and the U.S, while also visiting places like Costa Rica, Portugal, Morocco and Italy.
These experiences taught me a lot about what “healthy” looks like around the world and further reinforced my mission for helping other women enjoy all the riches that nature has to offer to us.
All of this, combined with my formal education in health coaching and natural sciences are the reason this blog exists.
This blog is your live well zone. It’s a place where you can access information on food, herbs, essential oils, self care and the foundational elements that will help you enjoy a more balanced life!
Thank you for being here!
My Education and Training
- Graduate of the Health Coach program at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition.
- 200-hour Yoga Teacher training via Ecole de Yoga Marais.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science.
- Additional undergraduate and graduate coursework:
- Organic chemistry.
- Biology (Energy Transformation & Development).
- Introduction to Human Physiology.
- Fundamentals of Human Nutrition.
- General Psychology.
- Global Nutrition Issues.
- Introduction to Biological Chemistry.
- Research Principles and Techniques.
- Independent Study.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I get started with balancing my hormones naturally?
This Start Here page has all the resources you need to start balancing hormones.
In addition, you can use this recipe collection – packed with everything from wraps and buddha bowls, to muffins and smoothies – to start enjoying delicious, hormone-friendly meals.