As a fan of natural/non-toxic skin care, I had been eyeing the 100% Pure brand for a while. Then about 9 months ago I finally decided to give their products a try.
Some of them were great and others, not so much.
In this review, I’m giving my honest opinion of the brand – including the products I’m still using 9 months later – so that you can decide for yourself if this is a brand that you’d like to try!
Note: this post contains affiliate links and I earn a commission (at no additional cost to you) if you use them to make a purchase.
ABOUT 100% PURE AND THEIR PRODUCTS
As the name suggests, 100% Pure is all about making products that are all-natural.
Now, in case you didn’t know, the term “natural” is unregulated and changes from one brand to another!
So, how does 100% Pure define natural? Here’s the statement from their website:
“An ingredient or formula composed of plant, mineral, and/or marine vegetation that undergoes chemical changes due to biological processes such as fermentation, distillation, and cold processing.”Source.
Put in simpler terms, the company goes on to say that their products:
- never contain harsh or toxic ingredients.
- use pigments from food, specifically fruit, vegetables, tea, and cocoa. They mainstream colorants and heavy metal dyes.
- cruelty-free i.e. no animal testing.
- plant-based, with zero ingredients derived from animals.
- strive to be environmentally sustainable.
PRODUCT 1: FRUIT PIGMENTED® ULTRA LENGHTENING MASCARA
- Black tea (for the dark pigment!)
- Vitamin E
- Wheat protein
- Oat protein
- Provitamin B5
- Honey beeswax
I got this in the Black Tea shade and I love the mascara for several reasons:
- The color is a perfect jet black.
- Not too thick.
- Doesn’t clump at all.
- The brush separates my lashes perfectly (to the point where my boyfriend noticed and commented).
- It smells soooooo good! Compared to other mascaras that are full of synthetics, this one has such a relaxing smell to it. That was a lovely surprise.
Also, I don’t experience any kind of smearing if I accidentally touch my eyes.
One thing to note though: it doesn’t wash off just with soap and water. You will need to use a makeup remover – in my case, coconut oil – first and then wash your face to get everything clean.
👍🏽 Overall this is a 8/10 and a product I would buy again.
PRODUCT 2: MATCHA OAT MILK NOURISHING MASK
- Matcha: Known for being rich in antioxidants, matcha is anti-inflammatory and helps combat free radicals.
- Oat Milk: Oats have humectant properties that make them beneficial for hydrating the skin, as well as for soothing very delicate, sensitive and irritated skin. Often used to relieve dryness
Unfortunately, I didn’t have a great experience with this mask because it left a green tint on my skin, no matter how much I rinsed.
I had to use soap several times to remove it.
And yes, I did follow the instructions exactly as stated on the box.
This was surprising to me because the product has great reviews and I’ve seen other people online use matcha masks without experiencing the issue that I did.
So, part of me says there was something that just went wrong for me. It’s probably not the product. However, I did not feel like experimenting – and being stuck with green face again! So, I decided not to keep using the product.
👎🏽 Overall, this is a no-go based on my personal experience with it (despite all the positive reviews).
PRODUCT 3: FRUIT PIGMENTED® ROSE GOLD PALETTE
- A rose gold palette that contains a highlighter, blush and 3 eye shadows
- Bamboo silica
- Rice starch
- Cocoa butter
- Turmeric, carrots, coffee, pomegranates and many other foods!
This palette is 100% a win for me!
The highlighter has a great shimmer to it and leaves my skin glowing (like I’m standing in the sun on a perfect spring day).
When it comes to the blush, it’s got just the right amount of rose tint to it and blends really well onto the skin
As for the eyeshadows, they also blend really well onto the skin and the three shades work really well together.
👍🏽 This is a 10/10 for me and a forever product!
PRODUCT4: CREAMY LONG LAST EYELINER
- Jojoba oil
- Vitamin E
- Marula oil
- Shea butter
- Cocoa butter
I bought this in the Dark Cacao shade, which is basically like a dark brown.
For having all natural ingredients, I am amazed at how well this sticks to the skin (definitely need a makeup remover to get rid of it).
While the colors looks great and lasts long, I struggle to apply it. It doesn’t glide across my skin the way I’d like. Instead, there’s a lot of friction and it tugs at the skin.
👎🏽 Overall, I still use it every now and then. But I won’t be buying it again.
PRODUCT 5: FRUIT PIGMENTED® LIP GLOSS
- Vitamin E from sunflowers
- Various fruits including: blackberry, pomegranate, cherry, peach and more.
I bought this in Pink Caramel, which ends up looking like a nude shade on my skin. I really like the fact that it:
- glides on easily.
- doesn’t feel sticky.
- has a nice shimmer (without that over-the-top wet look that other glosses have).
- doesn’t have that strong chemical taste that most other glosses have.
One thing to note: the website always seem to be out-of-stock on all shades of the gloss. I had to call one of their local stores in California and Seattle to find one that had products in stock that they could ship.
👍🏽 Overall, it’s a 8/10 for me (only because this shade ended up looking like nude on me…I was hoping for more color). Will buy again in a different shade.
FINAL THOUGHTS ON 100% PURE COSMETICS
Overall, I am really happy to have a brand like 100% Pure on the market because I prefer to have the cleanest makeup possible.
At lot of mainstream products contain carcinogens, endocrine disruptors and other harmful ingredients that I just prefer to avoid (within reason of course!).
I also don’t like to wear a ton of makeup. I just want hints of color while still allowing my natural skin to come through. The rose gold palette and the mascara do the trick.
There is one more product I want to try from this brand: the Bamboo Blur Powder,
I did order it but the color I got just didn’t match my skin. However, I could tell that if I could find the right color, it would work great as an everyday, light coverage powder. Can’t wait to order another shade!
You Might Also Like: