If you’ve ever found yourself overwhelmed, wondering how to eat healthy and which weight loss-friendly foods to eat daily…this post is for you!
Although there are lots of foods that help with weight loss, sorting through all the info can be exhausting and confusing!
So, in this post I am going to share the 4 most important weight loss-friendly foods to add to your daily routine.
Eating these weight loss-friendly foods regularly will eliminate the guesswork around healthy eating.
In addition, these foods give you a solid foundation upon which to build other healthy eating habits!
4 WEIGHT LOSS-FRIENDLY FOODS TO EAT DAILY
1. Raw Nuts and seeds
Nuts and seeds are loaded with healthy fats, including essential fatty acids, which regulate hormones (as I discuss in this post).
Having healthy hormones reduces cravings and restores balance to “hunger” hormones like leptin and ghrelin.
Having healthy hormones makes weight loss significantly easier and produces far better results than the traditional count-your-calories approach.
Therefore, weight loss-friendly foods like raw nuts and seeds are one of the best ways to get powerful weight loss results.
- Raw or sprouted, nuts and seeds are the best choices because they contain the full spectrum of nutrients that support weight loss.
- Hemp seeds, chia seeds, sesame seeds, flaxseeds, walnuts, macadamia nuts, peanuts, almonds and sunflower seeds are all great additions to your lifestyle.
Coconuts contain medium chain fatty acids which are very easy to digest and are also incredibly healing for the gut.
Why does gut health matter for weight loss?
Well, if you have an unhealthy gut lining, or an imbalance in your gut bacteria, then you gain weight rapidly.
And this also means that you have a difficult time losing weight.
In addition, having an unhealthy gut drives up cravings!
Thankfully, coconuts are great for bringing balance to your gut in every way!
This makes them one of the most powerful weight loss-friendly foods to eat every day.
- Get fresh coconuts and devour every tasty piece of it – the water and the meat!
- Use coconut oil for cooking.
- Add coconut flour to your baked goods.
- Throw some shredded coconut into salads or smoothies.
3. Natural carbs
Carbohydrates are essential for one reason: they are the main source of energy for your body.
Yep, not fat or protein. Carbs!
This means carbs are critical for having a healthy metabolism (because a healthy metabolism requires energy!).
So, when it comes to weight loss you definitely want to eat healthy amounts of carbs.
Just focus on focus on natural, unprocessed carbs.
This means fresh fruits and veggies, since they are loaded with enzymes and phytochemicals that flush out fat and waste.
- Enjoy lots of fresh fruits and veggies like leafy greens, potatoes, berries, tomatoes, bananas, mangoes and so on.
- When it comes to grains reach for whole rice, quinoa, amaranth, traditional (slow-cooking) oatmeal, buckwheat and so on.
4. Whole proteins
Proteins are the main building blocks of muscle (which is needed to support a healthy metabolism).
Proteins are also essential for reducing cravings and regulating hormones that affect weight loss.
- Eat grains like quinoa because it is a complete protein and it is also loaded with healthy fiber.
- Include red beans, black beans, lentils, chickpeas and other legumes in your daily rotation of weight loss-friendly foods.
- When it comes to animal protein, go for wild-caught fish and other wild game. As for eggs and poultry, seek out pasture-raised varieties when possible. This reduces your exposure to hormone-disrupting (i.e. weight-gain friendly) hormones and toxins.
Now that you are armed with this list of the top weight loss-friendly foods, you will be able to lose weight with greater ease (and also maintain the results).
Remember that losing weight is not so much about the foods you say NO to.
It’s much more about the foods you say YES to :)!
Now I would love to hear from you…which of these foods will you say YES to? Leave a comment below. And if I missed any of your go-to weight loss-friendly foods, let me know!
HORMONE BALANCE DIET PLAN
Join my newsletter and get access to this guide that includes meal planning tips, simplified grocery list, herb/supplement tips and a free meal planner template.